EVERWEB VIDEO TRAINING LIBRARY
Versions of EverWeb Explained
If you have decided to purchase EverWeb, but are not sure what to buy, this video will guide you in making the right choice.
When purchasing EverWeb for Mac, or Windows, you have the following options
EverWeb + Hosting Lite and
EverWeb + Hosting Pro
EverWeb Standalone, which is $89.95 USD for macOS or Windows, requires that you have your own web hosting rather than EverWeb’s .
As you may already know, web hosting is required to keep any web site up and running online. Web hosting costs can vary greatly so if you choose this route, shop around for hosting that provides the value, service and features that match your own needs.
Don’t forget to ask any potential hosting provider about their service up time and renewal fees.
An EverWeb Standalone purchase is a one time fee giving you unlimited updates for one year from the date of purchase. After the year has expired, you can continue using EverWeb for as long as you want.
However, you will not receive further EverWeb product updates, unless you renew your account.
You can continue to receive support and updates by renewing EverWeb Standalone for another year at a substantially discounted fee.
We do this as, renewals help us to invest in adding new features to EverWeb, update its existing features and continue to offer great customer support.
If you purchase EverWeb Standalone for Mac and later on need to run EverWeb on Windows, or vice versa, you can also purchase a Multi Platform License at a one time cost of $24.95 USD.
EverWeb Standalone, like all EverWeb versions, can create an unlimited number of websites.
EverWeb + Hosting starts at $99.95 USD/Year and includes the hosting account, EverWeb software, 7x24x365 technical support and a year of product updates and many other benefits unique to EverWeb which we will come to in a moment.
So why pay $99.95 USD when you can purchase the software for $89.95 USD and be done with it? Here are a few things to keep in mind when making your purchase decision:
- How much are you going to be paying for your web hosting now and in the future? Web hosting companies might offer you hosting for $1/month but only for the first year. From the second year, they usually charge much higher rate.
- If you want the most up to date version of the software with all the latest features, it makes sense to use EverWeb + Hosting.
- What does your current web host offer you versus what an EverWeb + Hosting account can offer you.
Let’s look at some of the features and benefits of an EverWeb + Hosting account:
- EverWeb+Hosting Lite plan, at $99.95 per year, gives you 2GB of disk space. This is used to store your published website files, and any emails should you choose to have custom email addresses for your site. In comparison, EverWeb+Hosting Pro starts at 10GB of disk storage. Usually, though, 2GB of storage is enough for most users.
- Bandwidth gets used up by visitors on your website. Whenever your page loads, bandwidth is used. 25GB of bandwidth should be more than enough.
- EverWeb + Hosting Lite allows you up to 5 domains but if you need more, EverWeb+Hosting Pro gives you an unlimited number of domains.
- Extra features of on an EverWeb + Hosting account include password protection, 301 redirects, 404 not found redirects, and easy setup of custom email addresses.
You can use any domain on an EverWeb + Hosting account. If you already own a domain, you can make a change to the domain’s settings that will connect it to your EverWeb + Hosting account. More information on this can be provided after you sign up.
If your business is designing websites for customers, you may want to consider EverWeb+Hosting Pro. You get unlimited domains, more email addresses and EverWeb Site Shield Addon and SEO Power Up absolutely free.
Everyone is welcome to start with the Hosting Lite plan and upgrade at any time to Hosting Pro if you need to. However, Hosting Lite is usually more than enough for most users.