EVERWEB VIDEO TRAINING LIBRARY
Versions of EverWeb Explained
If you have decided to purchase EverWeb, but are not exactly sure what to buy, I am going to discuss some of the most common questions we get, which will hopefully guide you in the right direction and give you a much better understanding of what to do. I highly recommend watching and listening to this entire video.
When purchasing EverWeb, you have 3 options, 2 of which are the most common.
The Standalone version of EverWeb is $79.95, and requires that you have your own web hosting.
To elaborate on this, web hosting is required to have any web site up and running online. Web hosting typically runs between $50 and $100 per year. Users who purchase the standalone version will usually have web hosting through a company other than us here at EverWeb.
The Standalone fee is a one time fee of $79.95. This gives you unlimited updates for 365 days. After the 365 days expire, you can continue using EverWeb for as long as you want, however, you would not be able to use updated versions of EverWeb, unless you renew your account. The renewal is $49.95 and provides you with an additional 365 days.
Why do we do this? Well, this is pretty standard with software. In order to continue providing updates and great customer support, renewals are needed. Many companies do not tell you about this, but we like to be very up front with our customers and let them know as much as we possibly can.
The standalone version, like all other versions, allows you to create an unlimited number of websites.
The EverWeb + Hosting option will give you a hosting account, in addition to the software. Let’s briefly discuss what this means.
As mentioned earlier, in order to have a web site live online, a web hosting account is required. This is for storing your web site files in the ‘cloud’
The EverWeb + Hosting account provides you with this amongst many other things, which I will get into in just a moment.
The pricing on the EverWeb + Hosting account is $99.95 per year. This provides you with the hosting account, plus the EverWeb software and unlimited updates.
A common question we get is why would you pay $99.95 each year when you can just purchase the software for $79.95 and be done with it. While the choice is entirely up to you, here are a few things that you will want to keep in mind when making your decision.
1) How much are you currently paying for your web hosting? Just a quick note on this, something to be aware of is that a lot of web hosts might offer you web hosting for $1/month but that will only be for the first year. Afterwards, they will charge you a much higher rate.
2) Are you the type that likes to have the most updated version of the software? If yes, then it will definitely make the most sense financially to be on the EverWeb + Hosting account.
3) What does your current web host offer your versus what an EverWeb + Hosting account can offer you.
Let’s quickly go over some of the features and benefits of an EverWeb + Hosting account:
1) The Hosting Business plan, which is $99.95 per year provides you with 2GB of disk space. Disk space is basically the space used to store your website files, and any emails should you choose to have custom email addresses. The Enterprise version will provide you with 10GB. 2GB is plenty and is more than enough for majority of users.
2) Bandwidth gets used up by visitors on your website. Whenever your page loads, bandwidth is used. Unless you have a very large website with a very high volume of traffic, 25GB will be more than enough.
3) All EverWeb + Hosting plans allow you to host an unlimited number of domains. For people who have more than one website, this usually makes an EverWeb + Hosting plan cheaper than the hosting plan they are using with another web host.
4) Extra features included in EverWeb that can only be used when hosting your site on an EverWeb + Hosting account are password protection, 301 redirects, 404 not found redirects, and easy setup of custom email addresses. For more information on these, please see the EverWeb video course.
You can use any domain on an EverWeb + Hosting account. If you already own a domain, you can make a change to the domain’s settings that will connect the domain to your EverWeb + Hosting account. More information on this is provided to you after you sign up for the account.
Domains can also be purchased through us. Domains start at $15/year for a .com and vary for other extensions. There is no limit to how many domains you can own and host on one account.
Everyone is welcome to start with the Hosting Business plan, and upgrade at any time, but as mentioned earlier, this plan will be more than enough for majority of users.