EverWeb 2.4 Brings SSL, SEO Improvements and more...
Friday, July 28, 2017 4:28 PM
This year big changes are coming to the web to help protect you and your visitors. A big push to protect your privacy while browsing the web and increase security is big fully implemented in 2017.
It is essentially a requirement now to have an HTTPS secure website. With other web building tools it can be a hassle to follow all of Google’s recommendations to secure your website.
With EverWeb 2.4, secure websites are as easy as just a checkbox!
That’s right! We’ve taken all the difficult steps out of securing your website, increasing your search engine rankings and protecting the privacy of both you and your web site visitors.
If you are an EverWeb + Hosting customer you can secure your website with these easy steps;
- Download EverWeb 2.4 (It is free for all EverWeb + Hosting customers. For EverWeb Standalone, login to your account to see if this updates falls within your 1 year of free updates)
- Add the EverWeb Secure Shield to your account (it’s free for EverWeb + Hosting 10GB users)
- If EverWeb is opened, quit and relaunch
- In EverWeb go to the File menu-> Edit Publishing Settings
- Enable the ‘Use HTTPS Secure URLs’ checkbox
- Publish your website
Now your website is 100% secure!
All data between your visitors and your website is encrypted.
Google and other search engines will give you an instant rankings boost.
A lock icon will appear at the top of the web browser when someone visits your site, letting them know your website is secure and you care about their privacy.
In addition to the above new features, we’ve also added some other small features and big fixes, including;
- A confirmation dialog when deleting web pages from the web page list
- Specify your web page language for local SEO benefits
- Fixes to finding unused assets and blog pages
- Fixes to pages using multiple contact forms
- Social images now work correctly for blog posts
- Improvements for macOS Sierra and High Sierra
- General stability improvemwents and other minor bug fixes/improvements
Plus, we’ve already started working on EverWeb 2.5 coming by the end of the summer with new widgets and other great features. Let us know what you’re looking forward to on upcoming EverWeb versions in the comments below;